Wednesday 3 December 2008

Aimless ly


Watching the lines fade away
from the soles of my feet
aimlessly

blinking
aimlessly

appreciating
aimlessly

listening
aimlessly

looking up
aimlessly

typing
aimlessly

pausing to change the track
aimlessly

Electronic House Sessions,
and then taking 2 steps backwards
knocking on Nature Boy's Door

A little shy
and sad of eye
but very wise
was he

aimlessly
Nat King Cole
Celine Dion
Erik Truffaz and Sly Johnson
sang their versions.

Then, my best friend
asked me to sing it
aimlessly
every time she could not sleep.

And I sang to her
aimlessly.

Walking to work
Smiling at unknown faces
going on and on and on
making copies of copies of copies

aim
less
ly,

a
i

m
l
e
ss

ly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the latter half... beautiful imagery... and beraking the word, of course, and references and stuff...
but I think the first half could be worked upon, changed, and improved, chandni??